Friday, October 17, 2008

Thoughts on Waldorf...

Our parent-child classes at the Waldorf school finished up this past week. It was a great learning experience for me. While I like some aspects of Waldorf, I found that I didn't feel like it clicked for me. I think it's a little too out there. I'm learning as time goes on, as N gets older, so much more about myself as a mother and as a person. I think that I am basically a "normal" person with a few "granola" tendencies... so going so far to the extreme just didn't feel right for me.

I have learned about a local preschool where a few friends' kids go - it's cheap, it's at a church, and it's nearby. So I think when we get closer (sign-ups are in February for next fall), we'll go check that out.

It's been fun exploring the Montessori and Waldorf schools of thought, though. I have learned things I would like to incorporate here at home -- mixing and matching those two methods, and some of my own ideas as well.

No comments: