Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Spring!

It's spring here in the Southwest. At least it feels like it. The air is fresh, we are getting up to the 70s/80s... I LOVE this time of year!! I just want to spend all day outside.

So yesterday I signed up on the wait list for our local Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) organization. It's $200-$300 for either two months or three months, and you get a ton of produce from local farms each week. This was one of my goals about a year ago when I started focusing on being more green. Better late than never, right? These changes take awhile, and they really take some getting used to. I read about becoming more environmentally aware, and I see blogs of people that live frugally (economically and environmentally), and it all seems so simple. But when you are used to being a consumer and using resources without much thought, it's hard to adjust!!

We have been using the biodegradable diapers for a bit now, and I must say that we love them. Seriously, for you diaper users out there, check these out!! I believe diapers take 500 years to break down in a landfill. Each diaper. That is a long time, and a huge imprint on the earth. After I started using cloth last year, and came back to disposables, that really stuck with me.

I'll leave you with a picture of my little doll-wearing toddler :)

No comments: