Friday, August 31, 2007

September -- Less Starbucks!

I have become SUCH a consumer lately. I know that I should probably try to do a "no spending" (beyond the necessities) month in September, but I'm a wuss. I'm worried I wouldn't stick to it. I can think of a handful of things already that would be considered "luxuries" -- moms group, paint I need to buy tomorrow, a haircut, etc. And the holidays are coming... I need fall decorations... and I'm the midst of this "mommy makeover"... excuses, excuses....

So instead -- I am going to make a pact with myself that I will (gulp -- can I do this??) only get Starbucks on the weekends. I know, I know... such a sacrifice! But I have been getting Starbucks EVERY. DAY. That is a lot of money -- $4.15 x 30 = $124.50!! So starting tomorrow, (which, wee hee! happens to be a weekend!!) September will be a weekend-only Starbucks month. Can I do it?? Stay tuned.... :)

6 comments:

codeblog said...

I always get re-addicted to Starbucks whenever you visit and it takes me a few days to shake it :) It's soooooo good, and sooooo close by.

Personally I think your plan is a tiny bit restrictive. Maybe get it on the weekends and every Wednesday? That way on Monday you can tell yourself that you only have to wait two more days instead of 5 :)

Ms. Kiki said...

HAHA! Geeners, you are NOT helping!! :) I can make coffee at home instead.

Ms. Kiki said...

Oh - and sorry about re-addicting you. It's SO GOOD thought isn't it?? :)

codeblog said...

Oh I did not mean to not help :)

Sometimes when I over-restrict myself, I end up just chucking the whole thing because I can't keep to it.

I think you have more willpower than I do, though. Really :)

Don't be sorry about re-addicting me. I look forward to it!! Can't wait til Oct!!! :-)

Mrs. Bear said...

I need to do this too. Instead, I started getting the iced vanilla coffee. It is half the price of all the other one.

Good for you though!

Frankie said...

I gave up Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts a few weeks ago! The amount of money I spent on coffee bought me a kick-ass coffee maker for my house.

Oh, and I accidentally deleted a comment from you on my blog...sorry!