Sunday, August 19, 2007

Long time, no post...

Holy schnikey I have been a slacker at this blogging thing! (Thanks for the reminder, Geeners!!)

So I met one of my "green goals" yesterday. We finally went to the farmers market!! It was quite small, but that's probably because it's so stinkin' hot out. I got some zukes, tomatoes, and potatoes. I will make some zucchini bread later today or tomorrow and maybe take a loaf to our new neighbors.

There really hasn't been much to write about lately. I have created a playroom area in my office for N, I am working on painting the kitchen/family room bit by bit, and when I'm not working on those things, we are playing or I'm trying to get some of my work done (around the house AND for my paying job).

I've been in the midst of a "Mommy Makeover", too. I am not happy with my appearance lately. I don't put much energy into it, and I end up looking REALLY frumpy. I know have some excess weight to lose, and that's slowly coming off (7 pounds down, 28 to go!), but in the meantime, I need to take care of me. I have a haircut scheduled for Thursday and I have started getting some nicer clothes. I have a pair of shorts, a top, and some pants. That's all that two long days at the mall netted me. This is tough!! I'm making sure to buy things that really work for me, and things that are NICE.

That's been life lately -- oh and also working on the nursery at church. I need to get some quotes on carpet, cabinets, etc. and present it to the Vestry next month. I have organized/cleaned everything really well, and now it's time to really fix it up. We had a new girl there this morning, and I think both the mom and the baby had a good time. So hopefully that is another young family !! She was the only one there besides N, so that gives you an idea about how few families we have. :(

2 comments:

Gail said...

Nice to have you back.

Stephanie823 said...

We need a haircut update!!