Monday, March 12, 2012

Week of 3/12

This Week's Plan/Overview:

Meals:
M - Greek Style Pork with whole wheat cous cous
T - tofu stir fry with mushroom & onion & brown rice
W - spaghetti tossed with some sort of combo of maybe tuna and veggies?
Th - salmon & artichokes OR lemon oregano chicken
Fr - BYOB (build your own burrito - with tortillas, fat-free beans, cheese, etc.)

Activities/Homeschool:
St. Patrick's Day theme - probably build a leprachaun trap, make some fun Irish-y meals/snacks
Shamrocks/Luck
ZOO! :)

In the weight loss department - I currently have 48 pounds to lose. I walked a 5K yesterday and it was SO nice. I'm really looking forward to more walking/jogging time now that I am not working. Planning on walking Wednesday and Thursday this week, at least.

I am not sure if I should post this for all to see... but I have ordered P90X. It's so hard core and I've heard how tough it is.... BUT... I am giving it a try. I was hesitant b/c what if I try it and then stop doing it...?? But this whole "I am losing 50 lbs in a year" thing is out for all to see, so I'm putting this out there too!! I'm interested in finding out what the nutrition plan is. Any experience with that out there? Words of advice for the program in general? :) I'll need it!!

I'm about to eat my lunch - a HUGE salad - heart of romaine, 1 cup each of broccoli, mushrooms, carrots, and green beans... a little Gouda and turkey slices and a handful of leftover spinach tortellini... topped with Ranch. YUM!! :) Lunch this week -- aiming for either tuna or a salad every day. And HEALTHY SNACKS in the afternoon... that is one of my problem areas... around 3:00. And then again around 8, when the kids are asleep.

Lots of goals, but trying to keep it simple and doable. I tend to say "I'm doing this!" and dive right in and expect perfection... and then I fail, and give up. NOT happening! :)

Happy St. Patrick's Day Week!!

2 comments:

Dan Bailey said...

P90X is brutal, brutal, brutal. But worth it, if you're looking to lose weight and get into shape.

Ms. Kiki said...

I know, I'm a little nervous!!! But I really need to get in shape... have you done it?