Wednesday, March 21, 2012

P90-OUCH!!

I have completed 3 days of P90X now, and am also (fairly closely) following their food plan. I am feeling really great!! So far, the cardio exercise was the easiest for me, followed closely by the arms/shoulders weight lifting (although I did opt out of the Bonus Section of that one). Day 1 was the core workout, and OMG OMG. I am finally not sore (3 days later) from those squats. I could not even remotely participate in the push-ups b/c I am a weakling. But I kicked those squats' arse and then they kicked mine for two days. :)

Does anyone have words of wisdom about P90X? So far, the most common input I have received is to not overdo it - to do what I can to my threshold and then back off. I have been following that wise advice, and so far my very-out-of-shape self has no injuries. :)

What else?? I want to keep up with this... an hour a day is a huge commitment, but I think I'm actually able to DO IT!! I love Tony - he is hilarious with his overly cheesy comments. I daily put on my "Bring It Face" as he suggests :)

We have a stomach bug in our house today, but I seem to be untouched (fingers crossed that continues!!), so I went ahead and did my egg white/spinach/mozzarella mixture and canteloupe for breakfast this morning... so far so good! :) I put it on whole wheat bread today - added a few more carbs because I was up a lot last night and need a bit more carby stuff today I believe. Usually an illness will derail my diet plans, because I get overtired and choose poorly with food (sugar! caffeine! more sugar! fat!). I have noticed so far this week, though, that the protein drinks, lean meats, fruits/veggies, etc -- they all make me more energized and able to handle whatever comes up!! I'm keeping that in mind today.

Who else is working out and eating right? How's it going?? I know a few of you said you were working on it too -- let's BRING IT! :)

2 comments:

Christy said...

I'm doing Power 90, so no comments on P90X, we've started our programs just about the same time (today is day 4 for me!)

Great job committing - just keep going back to it, and do what you can. It'll get easier!

Ms. Kiki said...

Today is my Day 4, too! I am doing Yoga this afternoon for today. You are right -- we just have to keep chugging along. Great job! :)