Wednesday, June 6, 2007

This and that...

While I am out and about, I think "Oh I should blog about that!" but then I get home and sit here in front of the computer and...nothing. A total blank. Hmm...

My little girl turned one yesterday. She also has started walking. It all seems so normal, but when I think back to a year ago today, how tiny she was and how new everything was... I can't believe we are here already! She's such a determined little creature with her own personality already. She is a lot of fun and a really neat kid. I feel blessed. (I say this as she is reaching up to my printer and trying to grab all the papers out... she definitely keeps me busy!)

B is out of town for work this week, so it's just us girls. Yesterday we were pretty lazy, but today we are going swimming with our moms group and then I teach a flute lesson this afternoon.

Oh my big accomplishment this weekend -- I baked a chocolate chip cake from scratch. :) When I was growing up, I had a chocolate angelfood cake every year on my birthday. That was unique and different and special. I don't even know if Natalie will like chocolate (ha!) but I tried to think of something a little different to make for her, and I hope that it will be her tradition. Maybe not, maybe she will like something else, who knows.. but it was so much fun to put extra care and effort into her first birthday cake.

I guess that's it from me for now. The house is still clean from the party this weekend, so I don't have a long list of things to do, and I did all the laundry Monday so B could have clean clothes for his trip. So I am feeling pretty relaxed. :)

3 comments:

Brandy said...

If B goes out of town again (or any time, really), you and Natalie should come visit! We could swim and hang out with the babies.

Kim said...

Uh, so Natalie hasn't had chocolate? What kind of parent are you? J/K...Nicky is a sweet-a-holic. He loves it all...I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that I ate bread pudding or fruit cobbler every day for the last 2 months of my pregnancy!

Mrs. Bear said...

Happy birthday Ms. Natalie. I cannot believe it has been a year already.