Thursday, June 7, 2007

Beach!!!!!!!!!

We are going to the beach for a week at the end of June. I am so excited. Beyond excited. I know it is a different experience when you have a toddler, but that's okay. I know I won't get to lay on the beach all day with a book, but just hearing the waves crash and seeing everything anew through my little girl's eyes will be even better.

Question of the day though -- would you let your hubby take your one year old out on a boogie board, about 20 feet out? I don't know about this idea, but B swears that it will be okay. What would you do???

5 comments:

geena said...

Where are you going to the beach??

Personally, I don't think I'd let him take her out. Undertow and all that. I'm not sure I'd take any kid out in the ocean that doesn't know how to swim... I might let them walk along where the water comes up to the beach, but not 20 feet out.

That's just me though.

Ms. Kiki said...

Yeah that is what I was thinking. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't being overprotective. :)

We are going to Cayucas -- where B's dad used to live.

Gail said...

Hmmm...maybe if I was standing next to him holding the kid in a death grip. I'm a tad over protective like that. ;)

emily said...

Having just come back from the beach, I wouldn't want either of my kids 20 feet out. Claire is fearless, and I would worry that she would not be careful enough, and wet babies are slippery babies. Ben was pretty frightened by the waves when they got anywhere near his knees, so he would've freaked out if Brian tried something like that.

Fortunately the house we rented had a pool, so it wasn't too much of an issue as the kids could get water time more safely in the pool, and then spend the beach time digging, finding shells, and jumping and running in the waves.

Mrs. Bear said...

We have gone to the beach a few times and I would not let Allie out more than a couple steps. I know Eric is a great swimmer and I still did not want him out too far with her.